You are not alone and we are here to help families in Burnaby. We have compiled a list of resources for parents and caregivers including family activities, information guide and resources for immigrants and newcomers. You can access our resources below.
Indoor and Online Family Fun! from DeltaKids
You will find free & fun ideas in the following topics:
1) Get physical: dance, yoga, sports & more
2) Imagine: arts & craft projects
3) Home school: fun(ish) activities for learning
4) Play: games, puzzles, and party time!
5) Visit, virtually: museums
6) Investigate: nature, science & technology
7) Watch & Listen: free audio books, films & more
8) Join! Free live classes: art, sports & storytime
9) Connect locally: Find programs & services in your community
Thank you to the members of DeltaKids and the wider community who contributed ideas and edited this booklet.
Burnaby Public Library: Summer Reading Club and Virtual Book Talks. See BPL poster for details.
A Story for Kids About COVID-19!
Teach your baby to sleep through the night
The importance and benefits of outdoor play
Burnaby Early Childhood Development
How to parent when you’re in quarantine
24/7: A Resource for Working Parents
The importance of playing during a crisis
Supporting your child’spay during the crisis
Thinking about your child’s play
Playing that involves difficult themes such as loss, illness and death
Social distancing for families
For Multicultural Families:
Refugee Claimant Services – News
Immigrants & Refugees COVID resources