How to become a volunteer?
There are several processes that volunteers need to complete before they are placed in a program.
1) Volunteer application form. Please fill out the fillable application form on the computer. Save it as a pdf under your name and send back the attachment.
2) Informal Interview (10 minute interview). Book a time and day to meet with Janice (either North or South House) email@example.com
or with Shelly Sarai – South House (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3) Cleared criminal check. This is a free check for volunteers; a form will be given to applicants.
4) Reference check (from a friend, neighbour, classmate, or colleage)
5) Volunteer orientation (1 hour). Contact Janice or Shelly to find out the next Volunteer orientation dates.
6) Signed understanding of policies and procedures (completed at the orientation).
7) A photo for your volunteer file.
8) Additional training for some programs (Office, Translation, Taxes, Multilingual, Marketing, or working with kids).
9) Immunization record/or signed waiver (Childcare or Preschool programs).
If you would like to apply to become a volunteer with the Burnaby Neighbourhood House, please fill the following application. You can also drop by either location to fill out a form. This is a fillable PDF. Please save a copy to your device fill out the PDF and email back. Please do not print and scan document.
Send your completed applications to email@example.com. You can also drop by either location to fill out a form. The form for adults is a fillable PDF. Please save a copy to your device fill out the PDF and email back. Please do not print and scan document.
(Non fillable, please print it and send us with parents signature)
Attention! The fillable form works only in Google Chrome browser.