Licensed childcare is currently offered at nine different locations. This service provides working families with a safe place and quality program for their children. These programs are fee-for-service with government subsidies available for those who qualify.
Please be advised that on the following dates our childcare centres will be closed and you will need to find alternate care during this school year:
* Monday Oct 9, 2017 * Monday Nov 13, 2017 * Monday Dec 25, 2017
* Tuesday Dec 26, 2017 * Monday Jan 1, 2018 * Monday Feb 12, 2018
* Friday Mar 30, 2018 * Monday Apr 2, 2018 * Monday May 21, 2018
* Monday Jun 18, 2018 * Tuesday Jun 19, 2018 * Monday Jul 2, 2018
* Monday Aug 6, 2018
* Some centres will also be closed Dec 25, 2017- Jan 5, 2018 (winter break), Mar 19-29, 2018 (spring break), and July 3-Aug 31, 2018 (summer break). If the centre your child attends is one of them you will be offered a spot in an alternate centre during the closure.
All closures are already factored into the monthly rates and therefore no fee reductions are given.
The Burnaby Neighbourhood House also provides free, targeted, after school programs for children in Grades 2-7 in partnership with Elementary schools in Burnaby. Children attend program for two hours after school between one to five days a week depending on the program and receive support with homework, social skills, as well as receive instruction in a variety of recreational activities like sports, cooking, arts, dance, and out-trips. We currently partner with the following schools:
Registration is by referral only. If your child attends one of our partner schools please inquire with school support staff about whether your child qualifies.
We acknowledge the financial assistance of the Province of British Columbia. This program is also generously supported by:
United Way School’s Out Friendship Club at Douglas Road Elementary School
United Way School’s Out Friendship Club at Forest Grove Elementary School
Friendship Club at Morley Community School
Friendship Club at Edmonds Community School
Friendship Club at Maywood Community School