We are currently recruiting participants for the 2nd Cohort of our Youth Employment Program that will start on FEBRUARY, 3, 2020. We have an Information Session scheduled on JAN. 22, 2020 at 3 pm here at BNH.
• Youth between ages 15-30
• A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected refugee (protected person legally eligible to work in Canada)
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Unemployed or precariously employed (working less than 20 hours p/week, or working casually)
• Not a full-time student
• Not actively participating in another labour market program
• A resident of Metro Vancouver Area
This is a 20-week PAID program that combines life skills and employability skills with certification in numerous areas. Participants will have 8 weeks pre-employment preparation through group-based workshops and one-to-one career planning, employment counselling, mentoring and coaching to prepare for their work experience, as well as a 12-week work experience in the vocation area of their choosing. They will be supported by both the Program Coordinator and a Case Worker in finding the right fit for each individual.
All training will take place at the Burnaby Neighbourhood House (4460 Beresford St.) location closest to the Metrotown Skytrain Station.
Other benefits for the participants to help set them up on a successful track will be:
• Transportation Support
• First Aid, FoodSafe, High Five Certifications, Super Host+ additional Certification and Training
• $500 completion bonus
Please share this information to any eligible client/friend/family member/ youth you know, who may benefit from the program and ask them to contact us. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Blenn Dioces, Youth Employment Coordinator at 604-431-0400 or email@example.com.
Please see attached Poster and brochure for a more detailed information.