The South Burnaby Neighbourhood House in Partnership with The Burnaby Intercultural Planning Table will be running the Volunteer Diversity Facilitator Training Project.
South Burnaby Neighbourhood House is looking for Volunteers to be Cultural Diversity workshop facilitators in
Burnaby. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to expand their knowledge and skills and make a
contribution to the development of welcoming communities in Burnaby!
• Enthusiastic and willingness to learn new skills
• Good communication and listening skills
• Appreciation for the diversity in Burnaby
• Fluent in English
• Additional language is an asset
• Able to commit to attending 5 Thursday evenings from May 16th – June 20th (6pm to 9pm)
• Able to commit to Leading 1 or more workshops (between June 2013 & March 2014) focused on the
theme of: Welcoming Diversity in Burnaby.
This training is offered free of charge to residents who would like to facilitate diversity workshops in
their communities. CERTIFICATES OF ACHIEVEMENT WILL BE ISSUED TO PARTICIPANTS UPON COMPLETION OF FIVE SESSIONS:
May 16, 2013 Developing Effective Workshops
May 23, 2013 Facilitation Skills
June 06, 2013 Communication and Intercultural Communication
June 13, 2013 Diversity, Respect and Inclusion
June 20, 2013 Hands-on designing and facilitating diversity workshops
For more information or to apply, contact Rajeeta at 604-431-0400 or email: Rajeeta@sbnh.ca