Burnaby Neighbourhood House (BNH) is looking for a volunteer driver to pick up seniors in the south Burnaby area to attend our seniors programs. This transportation service is crucial to enabling seniors with transportation and mobility challenges to attend our programs, socialize with others, have a nutritious meal, and engage in their community.
A driver is needed on Wednesdays & Fridays. Availability on only one day, or on an occasional basis is welcome as well.
– Class 4 driver’s license required
– Good interpersonal skills, friendly and sociable
– Enjoy working with seniors from all cultural backgrounds and different physical abilities, and treat them with respect
– Ability to assist seniors with mobility challenges in and out of the van (no lifting required)
Benefits & Recognition
– Contribute to the social well-being of seniors in the community
– Contribute to breaking down barriers of transportation, enabling seniors to participate in the programs
– Learn various aspects of working with seniors
– Volunteer recognition events
Deliverables / Duties
Wednesdays – Social Activity Drop-in (12-3pm)
Driver leaves at 11am to pick up seniors in the Burnaby area, in the BNH van, to bring them to the neighbourhood house for the program. The driver leaves at 1:30-2pm to drive them home. The volunteer is welcome to participate in the program and interact with participants
Fridays – Lunch Program (11am-1:30pm)
Driver leaves at 10am to pick up seniors in the Burnaby area, in the BNH van, to bring them to the neighbourhood house for the program. The driver leaves at 1:30-2pm to drive them home afterwards. Volunteers receive free lunch!
This position requires a class 4 license, a clean driver’s record, and criminal record check.